Saturday, June 9, 2012

Unlocking Bootloader on HTC Explorer Android

Tutorial 1 Exploring HTC Explorer : Unlocking Your Bootloader





Hello, HTC Explorer (htc pico) users, this tutorial explains how to unlock the bootloader of your htc explorer android device prior to rooting it. Yes, you read it correctly, unlocking the bootloader is the first step if you want to root your htc explorer. I prepared this tutorial keeping in mind that you are a new user and therefore, I have explained each and every action in very simple form. I suggest you to read every instruction carefully before proceeding.

For understanding the terminology used in this blogs' tutorials, read here

This article applies to HTC phones only. I tried it on my htc explorer (codename pico). This is the first process to root your phone. 

Note: Rooting your phone will void your warranty. HTC will no longer be responsible for any dysfunction in your phone. Rooting your phone incorrectly may also brick your htc explorer. If you wish to continue, it's                       your own wish. You cannot hold me responsible for any kind of damages.



To root your htc explorer, you will first need to unlock the bootloader. Bootloader is the basic programme that loads the custom, HTC provided operating software in your phone. Unlocking the bootloader will give you the ability to root your phone and install ROMs other than the stock OS thereby increasing the capabilities of your phone.

Required resources prior to unlocking- You will need the following software packages so as to unlock the bootloader.

Please make sure all these items are installed and updated.
.
Google Android SDK zip:

install the latest version provided as installer_r18-windows.exe (when this blog entry was written). Then open the SDK manager from the directory where you installed the exe file. (It might be C://program files/android-sdk/) Check against Android SDK tools, Android SDK platform tools, google USB driver and click on install packages. It will be needed later.
Java Runtime Environment:

you can get the java package from the java site for offline installation if you are unable to get an online installation from http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp  Click on windows offline link in the table given to download the package and install it later.

HTC Sync (Windows Only):


Get the latest version of htc sync by selecting your phone from the menu.

Now you are ready to unlock your bootloader. 
Go to www.htcdev.com/bootloader and register yourself. Then select your phone from the drop down list. If your phone is not listed, then select 'All other supported phones'. After this follow the onscreen instructions. 

Note: when it asks you to copy the code from terminal window to htcdev site, it is written there that to copy, you need to right click >> mark>>select that area>> right click>> copy. But on right clicking again, the marked area will get unmarked, so after selecting the area, simply press Enter and it will be copied.


Readers are requested to leave their feedback/comments/queries. This will help me in improving the blog

11 comments:

  1. Bootloader of my HTC Explorer unlocked succesfully.Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. htc explore isn't aimed at those looking for a phone with the fastest processor and highest resolution screen. but it is an entry level android model with an attractive price tag.

    so that i want to root my htc explorer

    thanks for this article great way to root explorer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @James- yup, you are right in saying that. btw, its my pleasure that u liked the tutorial

      Delete
  3. Can you tell me which s/w should be installed on my pc to unlock the bootloader??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok now I've got the unlock_code.bin but I'm not able to flash it on my phone as the cmd window shows this:
    sending 'unlocktoken' (0 kb)...

    Nd then nothing happens. I waited for an hour then I got bored and I shut the window down and i tried again but still the same result.
    I don't know what to do now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I finally did it. Waiting for an hour and 16 minutes did it

    ReplyDelete
  6. error flashing the code....plzzzzzzzzzzzz help

    ReplyDelete
  7. bhai mene fone brick kar diya ab 4 warning triangles aa rhe h black screen k saath .htc ruu use karke image error aa rha h .abk ya karun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bro htc sync address u enter is nt valid......the version which i dwnload is nt recognising htc explorer a10e.....plz help me......

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wnt to root my cell.....for which unlock bootlander is necessary......plz plz help me.......urgent......

    ReplyDelete